Hello Everyone, I hope you are all enjoying this amazing November weather! It certainly made for some nice recesses. As the children may of shared with you, I was absent this morning but when I returned for the afternoon PD, I was so pleased to walk into our classroom and find a huge note from the guest teacher saying how enjoyable her morning was and that the children made her feel so very welcome. Way to go 73; you really are a beautiful group of kind and thoughtful people :) I also head that they enjoyed a fantastic live band performance, and that clubs went very well. I'll let them elaborate on that. We have been doing a lot of work with the writing process. Learning to brainstorm, organize and transition through ideas and engage with audience. Our goal over the last two weeks has been to spend Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday organizing and planning for a piece of writing, then put it all together into an organized reflection on Thursdays....
Hello All, I hope you are all settling into your spring routines well. I know that a lot of your little ones have been very busy with activity wind ups, and new spring sport start ups. It's been a very fun and active week here at Cranston. Please enjoy this week's quotes and the TWAS letters that went home today. I've included some info about Music Monday's assembly, and a math problem from this week is below the quotes. Music Monday: This Monday, May 7th, the Grades 1/2 and Grade 3 choirs will be performing for our Music Monday assembly. If your child is in choir, please feel free to join us for the celebration at 10:30. “We did Paper mache for a special surprise project; in gym we did racquets.” Kyron “We finished butterfly art and then Mrs. McArthur made a giant butterfly out of our art.” Tate “At music a rapper came; his name is Zack and he rapped some songs for us.” Camilla “In music we lear...
Hello 73 Families, I hope all of you are enjoying the week. It has truly been beautiful here for so many reasons! Below are a couple of messages from Ms. Thomas and one about our upcoming field trip (this is the last volunteer call — I promise!!!) The rest, I will leave to the children: Field Trip: Telus Spark, June 6th. The cost will be $17.00. Form will be going home Monday. Artist of the Week: The Tragically Hip After much anticipation, we finally have a full week with which we can explore this great Canadian band. The Tragically Hip have left a major impact on the Canadian music scene with their devoted fan base and ability to incorporate Canadian themes in their music. Talent Show: Hello! If your child is wishing to participate in the Friday Music Class Talent Shows, Ms. Thomas will be starting auditions next week. Students from our class are invited to audition on Wednesday at lunch time. They are expected to co...
Comments
Post a Comment