Hello All, I hope you are all settling into your spring routines well. I know that a lot of your little ones have been very busy with activity wind ups, and new spring sport start ups. It's been a very fun and active week here at Cranston. Please enjoy this week's quotes and the TWAS letters that went home today. I've included some info about Music Monday's assembly, and a math problem from this week is below the quotes. Music Monday: This Monday, May 7th, the Grades 1/2 and Grade 3 choirs will be performing for our Music Monday assembly. If your child is in choir, please feel free to join us for the celebration at 10:30. “We did Paper mache for a special surprise project; in gym we did racquets.” Kyron “We finished butterfly art and then Mrs. McArthur made a giant butterfly out of our art.” Tate “At music a rapper came; his name is Zack and he rapped some songs for us.” Camilla “In music we lear...
Hello Everyone, I hope you are all enjoying this amazing November weather! It certainly made for some nice recesses. As the children may of shared with you, I was absent this morning but when I returned for the afternoon PD, I was so pleased to walk into our classroom and find a huge note from the guest teacher saying how enjoyable her morning was and that the children made her feel so very welcome. Way to go 73; you really are a beautiful group of kind and thoughtful people :) I also head that they enjoyed a fantastic live band performance, and that clubs went very well. I'll let them elaborate on that. We have been doing a lot of work with the writing process. Learning to brainstorm, organize and transition through ideas and engage with audience. Our goal over the last two weeks has been to spend Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday organizing and planning for a piece of writing, then put it all together into an organized reflection on Thursdays....
Hello Everyone, I hope that you all have had a fun, if fast, week! As always, it has been a hopping week around here that ended in a successful and wonderful club Friday. All of the students confidently and independently headed off to their clubs and returned with lots of smiles and fun club stories to tell. This week in Language arts we continued to work on strong sentence writing and oral storytelling. The students pulled from the memory, fact and imagination portions of their brain pocket to create some very exciting Thanksgiving tales. We also worked on the performance part of storytelling with a bit of charades. Our science inquiry projects are continuing to come together and the students are beginning to use rubrics to assess their own work. I really impressed with the honesty and desire to revisit work, after these self-assessments. Thank you everyone who was able to help fill out the family/name history sheets that went home last week. It ...
Comments
Post a Comment